Army Substance Abuse Program Public Web Site - Home
ASAP Public Home / Get Help


Get Help

Get the latest information about substance abuse prevention. Below are the types of services, policies and facts related to alcohol and drug abuse prevention.

  • Soldiers

    Soldiers are encouraged to seek help voluntarily for drug and alcohol problems. Contact your local ASAP office.

  • ARNG Soldiers:

    Note: Please call 800-273-TALK (8255) if you are in a crisis situation. The contacts listed below do not provide 24/7 response, crisis support, or direct counseling services. They can refer you to services in your area, to include assessments that are required after a positive urinalysis test, and can connect you to low-cost or no-cost care.

  • Family Members

    Family members can be seen by the ASAP Employee Assistance Program.

  • Veterans

    Veterans are encouraged to seek assistance from the local Veterans Affairs Office.

  • Civilians

    Department of Army Civilians can be assisted by the ASAP Employee Assistance Program.

    Civilians outside the military should seek help through their local mental health authority or by contacting their local Alcoholics Anonymous Chapter located in the phone book.

Find a Counselor

Take the Next Step.

Get contact information and valuable resources. View

or contact Military OneSource:

External Links Disclaimer: The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Web Site or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and MWR sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Web site.